|My idea of perfect roast potatoes...|
- As many potatoes as you need
- Plain Flour
- Mixed Herbs
- Olive Oil
1. Peel and slice the potatoes quarterly if using your average size potato. Place them in a pan of boiling water and a pinch of salt. Part boil them for approx ten minutes or until fairly soft.
2. Whilst the potatoes are boiling, pour the oil into the baking tray forming a 1cm layer from the base of the tray. Whack in the oven at a high temperature.
3. When the potatoes are soft, cover them in flour until the potatoes are evenly coated in a thin layer. Place the 'taters in the baking tray and using a spoon cover the potatoes in the oil. (Before doing this make sure the oil is piping hot!)
4. Sprinkle on the pepper and mixed herbs and more salt if you wish and leave in the oven for approx 20 mins to half an hour on a medium heat. You'll know when they are done because they will be a lovely golden colour. You might want to keep turning the beauties over whilst they're roasting to make sure they're cooked all the way through.
There you have it ... Rose's Rosey Roasties! mmmm.